Engineers receive a broad education in the nuts and bolts of machinery, equipment and systems but not much attention is paid to the commercial aspects of running an engineering concern.
“Engineering World”, a new annual publication being produced by Promech Publishing, in co-operation with the SACEEC (SA Capital Equipment Export Council), will serve to make financial and commercial decisions easier for engineers to make.
SACEEC will share its experience and expertise on a variety of elements that must be taken into account to become a successful exporter, such as:
- Freight forwarding
- Tax matters
- Forward cover
- Deciding on what to sell to whom
- The culture and customs of the export destination country
- Building a robust supply chain
- The financial implications of exporting
- Marketing internationally
- Building a presence in the destination country
- Getting the correct legal advice.